Sarah LaFlamme Boston, MA
Emerson College | Boston, Massachusetts 2013
B.A. Media Production: Studio Television Production May 2015
- GPA: 3.45
Bunker Hill Community College | Boston, Massachusetts 2013
A.A. General Concentration, graduated with honors, member of Commonwealth June 2013
Honors Program, Alpha Kappa Mu
- GPA: 3.825
Freelance September 2014 - Present
Position, Title of Project, Client/Network/Company, Year
Production Coordinator, Beth Israel Medical Center testimonial, McFarland & Pecci, 2017
Production Assistant/Assistant Editor, Specials Department, WWE, 2015
Production Assistant, Plainridge Park Casino Commercial, 2015
Producer's Assistant, Big Y Commercial, McFarland & Pecci, 2015
Producer's Assistant, Wellington Company Internal Video, McFarland & Pecci, 2014
Time Out Coordinator, NESN, 2014
Production Coordinator, 12 Kilometers, McFarland & Pecci, 2014 & 2015
Director/Producer, New England Aquarium, 2014
Director/Producer, Cakewalk, 2014
Research Coordinator March 2016 - August 2016
Tufts Institute for Applied Research in Youth Development | Boston, Massachusetts
- Manage 40+ videographers.
- Assist Postdoctoral Fellow by creating Master Schedules for data collection.
- Event coordinator.
- Lead training sessions on the technology used to capture data (video/audio). Sessions included a breakdown of shot type, equipment used, as well as how to set up, operate, and take down equipment.
- Team Leader for field study/data collection. Responsibilities include: transportation of videographers to and from location, creation and implementation of roll call sheets for each data collection, liaison between the subjects and videographers, tech support, and recruitment in the field.
- Created protocol and resources for lab on data transfer specific to study.
- Created protocol for distribution of incentives.
- Assist Postdoctoral Fellow with administrative support. Responsibilities include: creating spreadsheets to track all data, master participant list, email reminders to subjects in the study, phone calls, using Qualtrics to keep track of subjects’ participation and use that information to update our incentives spreadsheet, data entry, and tech consultant.
- Manage equipment room.
- Scientific coding of data collected.
Video Production Assistant February 2016 - April 2016
Harvard University Athletics | Boston, Massachusetts
- Camera operator for live broadcast of basketball, fencing, volley ball, lacrosse, baseball, and softball.
- Assist in control room operations: switcher, graphics, replay, and AD.
- Assist in set up and take down of equipment before and after each game.
Remote Red Sox Intern April 2014 - August 2014
NESN (New England Sports Network) | Boston, Massachusetts
- Assisted Production Assistant with live broadcast duties.
- Assisted camera operator by running pre-recorded footage back to NESN headquarters in Watertown, MA.
- Assisted in set up, filming, and break down of on the field of pre-recorded segments with TV personalities.
- Ran real time pitch playbacks in tape room.
- Ran score bug.
- Right field camera operator.
Post Production Intern January 2014 – May 2014
Small Army | Boston, Massachusetts
- Assisted Director of Post Production in the backing up of camera originals to external drives.
- Formatted hard drives as necessary.
- Transcoded footage on as need basis.
- Imported, organized, and set up raw footage for editing in Final Cut Pro X.
- Edited video vignettes taken from previous work.
- Transcribed interviews for mini documentaries.
- Helped create mashup videos for MIT.
Technician Assistant July 2011 - September 2011
Bunker Hill Community College | Boston, Massachusetts
- Created video tutorials and assisted in post-production using Camtasia and Final Cut Pro 7
- Helped troubleshoot hardware and software.
- Provided Studio and Lab maintenance.
- Researched and purchased equipment for department.
- Tested and inventoried new equipment such as, high definition Sony video cameras, lenses, and wireless microphones.
Stage Hand June 2006 – December 2008
Capital Productions | Concord, NH
- Worked as a team to aid in the building of sets and stages for various events and bands. Tasks included: rigging, carpentry, stage electrics, stage lighting, audio/projection, and props.
- Worked closely with the directors, lighting designers, set designers, costume designers, and sound designers to ensure their visions are realized.
- Worked over two hundred shows for various clients.
OTHER PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE
Director/Producer, Between the Lines (post-production), Independent, Boston, MA 2014
Associate Producer, The Wounds We Cannot See, Independent, Boston, MA 2014
Director, George, Independent, Boston, MA 2014
Director/Producer/Editor, Be Bold Be Bald, Independent, Boston, MA 2014
Director/Producer/Editor, To the Greatest Woman I know, Independent, Boston, MA 2014
Director/Producer/Editor, Spirit of Freedom, Independent, Boston, MA 2013
A complete list of productions is available upon request.
Bunker Hill Community College | Boston, MA July 2011 - June 2015
- Assist Coordinator of Student Activities on creative design projects
- Present information sessions to small and large groups of students from diverse backgrounds on factors that promote student success at Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC).
- Conduct campus tours and provide information and assistance to new students, including making referrals to appropriate campus resources and opportunities, as needed.
- Selected to assist in the recruitment, interviewing, selection, and training of 30 new Start Smart Orientation Mentors.
- Assist advising with registering new students for classes.
- Served on student panel for the 2012 Lifemap Retreat.
- Served on student panel for the 2012 Boston-area High School Guidance Counselor Conference.
- Assist in providing direct services to students through clerical support in the Student Activities Office at Bunker Hill Community College, including answering phone calls, filing, assisting in telephone campaigns and mailings.
Bunker Hill Community College | Boston, MA June 2013 - September 2013
- Helped develop training materials and handbooks for the Front Desk position in the LifeMap Commons
- Assisted Director of LifeMap and IT with BHCC Portal server errors.
- Acted as a consultant and mediator between front desk employees, students and advisors.
- Developed and conducted Steps to Success workshop (seminar on technology and time management).
- Helped test and review software aimed at student success and career planning.
- Helped create scripts and literature for several areas in which the LifeMap program communicates with students. Examples include: student handbook entries marking students' milestones, robo calls for payment and health insurance deadlines, and interview questions for video interviews showcasing student success stories.
Bunker Hill Community College | Boston, MA June 2013 - September 2013
- Assisted Executive Director by creating Excel spreadsheets such as the front desk 'sign in' data, course schedules, and contact list of new students.
- Aided academic counselor in contacting new and transfer students to set up orientations
- Maintained record keeping for student orientation attendance.
- Helped students with their educational plans located on the BHCC Portal.
- Helped students select and register for courses based on program requirements.
- Provided direct services to LifeMap Commons through clerical support, including phone calls, filing, placing mass copy order, and troubleshooting hardware/software errors.
AWARDS & PUBLICATIONS
- Featured in BHCC's Student Success Promotional Video - BHCC 2014
- Featured in Emerson College Today "Summer Internships Featured on Facebook" - Emerson College 2014
- Wrote "LifeMap Success Indicators Intro-Graduation" - Published BHCC 2013-2014 Student Handbook (pg. 3)
- Appeared in Bunker Hill Community College Magazine - BHCC 2013 (pg. 2 "Commencement 2013" pg. 6 "A Smattering of Stars: Students Shine at Commencement and Beyond")
- Next Step Scholarship - Emerson College 2013
- Departmental Award - BHCC 2013
- Distinguished Service Award - BHCC 2013
- Study Abroad Scholarship to Costa Rica - BHCC 2013
- 1st Place in Creative Arts Awards: Photography - Presented by the Phi Theta Kappa New England Region 2013 Annual Convention
- Outstanding Leadership Award - BHCC 2012
- Alpha Kappa Mu - Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society 2011
- Commonwealth Honors - BHCC 2012
Computer: Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro 7 & X, Camtasia Studio, Avid Studio, Pinnacle Studio, Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint.
Equipment: DSLR, Non-linear editing, HMC150, H4N, Zoom H1, Elemental Lighting Kit, Lavaliers, SLR Pentax K1000
Professional: Public speaking, organization.